Monday, 19 November 2012
What is the right thing to do?
As this is my first blog I will attempt to make me intentions clear and simple. I am a young lady 17 yeas old very well raised but because I am not that well off I am not worthy of a fair chance in life in the Tory's eyes. My generation or 'the youth of today' as we are mainly referred too in the media are horrifically dominated and controlled by today's government. I am no one special in this world I have a modest group of friends, I went to an ordinary secondary school however I have suffered abuse at the hands of the government and my educators for all this abuse may not be seen physically I feel it mentally. When I was young I attended what was once seen as one of the best primary schools in the area in which I lived. The primary school I am not afraid to name East Herrington Primary school. A small religious school who at first impression seem to be a polite, intelligent and fair. This is where most of my confidence at a young age was taken from me. As I was not out spoken I was more of the quieter student at that time, I was not seen as the stereo typical 'favorite' popular student so I was told I could not keep up with the other children and was segregated into a small group of children with learning difficulties further examination by a doctor of medical science would prove I have no learning difficulties as such. This little segregated group made me feel like an outcast and a complete idiot, I was being told I was incapable of learning even before I had started maths I remained in a similar small mathematics group all the way through my primary school life. On top of that I had a violent teacher who's name I shall not mention. She would result in calling me stupid or ignorant when I could not get an answer in maths correct. She had a loose temper and could not explain a situation calmly, I became increasingly scared of this woman as she would shout at me when I was unable to get a mathematical question correct. This made me feel humiliated and this is why today I find it hard to trust my own answer whether it be mathematical or social. I have told you this story reader as now you will understand the way I am not because I have learning issues, just purely because I was made to feel and told from a young age I basically am incapable of doing mathematics correctly. Since the new government has came to power they have changed the grading criteria and testing style of mathematical exams and also English exams. This has been on the news lately as some students in schools have failed to gain the grade they were promised as a result of the Tory's careless and idiotic snap decision to change the testing style last minuet. This is a evil way of putting a barrier between people like me and people with money and a privileged way of living. I am in college still struggling with maths, I had passed my maths exam with Skills for life but as the government has changed the testing style a year of hard work for me to pass entry level 3 has all been a waste. I have been knocked back a stage and no one will teach me level 1 mathematics as once again 'i can't handle it' No government nor educator even if you are a math teacher can tell me what I can and cant do for the future generations sake consider giving everyone no matter if they are black white poor rich a fair chance at a decent qualification in all school and college subjects. We are all capable even if we don't have the government support. As a result of the governments snap change of the mathematical testing style my future has been damaged dramatically. Shame when I could probably run this country on realistic thinking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment